Emma Kate & Co.

Health. Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Healthy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe





The past few months have paved the way for a fully-fledged love affair with banana bread. Whilst studying abroad, it was one of my very favourite things to order and I'd jump for joy whenever I found a vegan one on the menu. Since coming home I've been missing it like crazy and vowed to make the perfect one. Call me crazy but I think I've done it! This banana loaf is perfectly moist and packs a subtly sweet banana punch. I love the texture of the chopped walnuts on top but if you're not a fan, some dark chocolate chips would make an excellent substitute or you can swerve them altogether!

I love how easy this recipe is to make. It uses ingredients I always already have in the house (I'm a little bit obsessed with flaxseed) and I can throw everything together in one bowl (great for washing up!). It's minimal effort with maximum results - my favourite! I love drizzling a slice with a little maple syrup for a decadent breakfast, or toasting a slice and slathering it with almond or peanut butter to accompany my 11 o clock cuppa.

Ingredients 

4 very very ripe bananas
75ml almond milk
50g rolled oats
50g sugar (I used coconut but regular caster sugar will work just fine)
200g flour (I used spelt for a bit of added fibre)
75ml coconut oil
2 tablespoon ground flax
2 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Chopped Walnuts (to top) or dark chocolate chips (to mix in)

Method 

1. Preheat the oven to 180℃
2. Mash the bananas until almost completely smooth
3. Add the almond milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir
4. Add the ground flax, oats, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and flour and stir until completely combined. You should be left with a very thick cake batter.
5. Spoon the batter into a loaf tin before sprinkling with chopped walnuts
6. Bake the loaf for 45 minutes. You may find that it looks golden before that allotted time is up. DON'T TAKE IT OUT YET! The centre will not be cooked. Instead, cover it with some foil and continue to bake until it reaches 45 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing it from the tin.
8. Enjoy with a cup of tea of your choice


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I am going to have to make this because it sounds absolutely incredible!

    Danielle xx
    https://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks and sounds delish!

    x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It's so yummy, I feel like I'm constantly making it at the moment! xoxo

      Delete
  3. This sounds delicious Emma, I might even make it tomorrow! I think i'll add some choc chips in too ;)

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is improved by chocolate chips - life motto. Love ya girl xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love banana bread. It is my favourite treat!

    Danielle xx
    https://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this great recipe - I am so tempted to run straight in the kitchen to see if I have all of the ingredients at hand.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig