Emma Kate & Co.

Health. Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.

Friday 19 April 2019

Delicious Vegan Lasagne (with Secret Ingredient)

Hello my loves!

Hope you are all having a beautiful long weekend in the sunshine with your friends and family, laughing and lapping up this gorgeous weather. Today I'm sharing one of my very favourite dinner recipes. I originally tried it on my sister's recommendation from the Tesco website but have since tweaked it a bit to make it just right.

The secret ingredient in the white sauce is, drumroll please, MARMITE! Now, before you exit the browser immediately, disgusted that I would sully a gorgeous lasagne with something as disgusting as marmite, hear me out. I, too, absolutely hate the stuff. In fact, until recently, I'd never even bought a jar. But for some reason it works well in the white sauce and doesn't taste marmite-y at all - I PROMISE!


INGREDIENTS:

2 Aubergines
2 Peppers
2 400g Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Onion
3 Garlic Gloves
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1.5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Lasagne Sheets (number dependent on the side of your dish)


WHITE SAUCE:

50g Dairy Free Butter (I use Pure but any should work fine)
500ml Almond Milk
40g Plain Flour
1/2 Tsp English Mustard
1 Tbsp Marmite
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)

METHOD:

1.  Preheat the oven to 200°C, or 180°C for fan oven
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the aubergine. Once done, transfer to a plate
3. Next fry the garlic, peppers and onions until soft
4. Add the aubergine, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and a splash of water
5. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes
6. Whilst leaving the filling to simmer, make the white sauce. Melt the butter in a separate saucepan and then stir in the flout until you have a smooth paste
7. Add the milk a little bit at a time, stirring continuously to avoid lumps
8. Continue to simmer for around 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened
9. Stir in the marmite, mustard and nutritional yeast
10. Spoon 1/3 of the aubergine sauce int the baking dish, arrange a layer of pasta sheets over the top, and then spoon over 1/3 of the white sauce
11. Repeat this step twice more
12. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks absolutely amazing!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig